Jul 08, 2024, 12:10:30 posle podne
Dobrodošli, Gost. Molim vas prijavite se ili se registrujte. Da niste izgubili svoj aktivacioni mejl?
419.230 poruka u 18.756 tema - 20.953 članova - Poslednji član: Laurieviady
X3MShop banner

Autor Tema: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12  (Pročitano 42253 puta)

Van mreže judge_wolf

• Lightweight Member
Odg: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12
« Odgovor #45 poslato: Januar 10, 2011, 03:28:51 posle podne »
gotivan je ovaj uberim
http://www.youtube.com/user/sephirothfemto

"I just want to be known as the best ever, is that too much to ask?" - bj penn

deadgame

• Gost
« Odgovor #46 poslato: Januar 10, 2011, 04:42:50 posle podne »
Aaaaa   hoce da mrska

deadgame

• Gost
« Odgovor #47 poslato: Januar 10, 2011, 05:34:06 posle podne »
Pat barry on Overeem: He’s everything you need all in one bo

n combat sports, there is always an argument of which style is better. Bruce Lee made his case for Jeet Kun Do back in the late 60s and early to mid 70s. The Gracie family continues to make their point with their system of jiu-jitsu.

Today, mixed martial arts gives us the opportunity to watch many styles compete with each other in one cage or ring (depending on the league). What has become clear is that, no matter the style, an overall mix of disciplines is what tends to be the most efficient arsenal in the sport.

Those who focus too much on one thing end up on the losing side of a given match-up.

This argument seems to present itself when K-1 fighters transition over to mixed martial arts. Essentially, the issue stems from fighters coming from K-1, a league known for it’s standing form of combat, having trouble adjusting to the addition of ground combat and the dangers it presents in mixed martial arts.

One fighter who has seen this firsthand is UFC heavyweight Pat Barry. Barry, or “HD” as he is commonly known, has participated in both sports, experiencing the difference between each and the transition from one to the other.

There is no doubt, K-1 has some of the best stand-up fighters in the world. The assumption is that having the kind of experience K-1 gives will put a fighter a level up on his competition when on the feet in MMA. Barry, however, believes his training in MMA raised his level of striking and made him a better kickboxer as a result.

“I think that my striking ability is what helped me to get better, to do well in MMA,” Barry said on MMAWeekly Radio. “My striking ability is what helped me grow and helped me do the things I was capable of doing in MMA. At the same time, training in MMA has made my striking 10 times better. By doing two-and-a-half years of wrestling, jiu-jitsu and just MMA striking, I’m confident that I’m a much better kickboxer now than I was when I was just kickboxing.”

For every critic that says K-1 fighters can’t transition into MMA, there is another making the case for opposing that argument. Barry is one of those opposing it. He seems to believe that anyone can transition into MMA, even if they come from one specific discipline.

Tae Kwon Do, Muay Thai, karate, jiu-jitsu, and wrestling experts can enter the sport of mixed martial arts and find moderate to great success, according to “HD.”

“It’s happening,” he said about fighters from other disciplines being successful in MMA. “For anyone to think that a kickboxer cannot make the transition over to MMA is ridiculous.”

And what about the other way around?

“For anyone to think that an MMA guy cannot make the transition over into kickboxing is ridiculous,” he exclaimed. “Anybody can do anything nowadays, especially guys like Anthony Pettis. That’s like saying, ‘Anthony Pettis could not have a kickboxing match and do well.' That’s ridicuouls. Dude is phenomenal.

“Guys are so good nowadays, the sport is so evolved that I think anybody can do any of it. It just depends on what you’re training for.”

One mixed martial artist that has had the utmost success in K-1 is Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem. Recently, Overeem competed in the K-1 World Grand Prix 2010 in Japan. In that tournament, he did what no other mixed martial artist has done, and won the heavyweight bracket. Not only did he win, but he did it in record time.

This is the best example of applying MMA striking to a K-1 rules tournament and finding great success in doing so.

When reflecting on Overeem and his success in both sports, Barry talked about the Dutch fighter and how he is an unstoppable force.

“The dude is a monster. That’s what I think,” he said. “Not only is he humongous, (but) he’s extremely experienced. That’s what makes him the most dangerous. Not just the size, but he has so much experience in MMA and in kickboxing, and he’s a Dutch trained kickboxer. I was in Amsterdam for five years. I know what the Dutch train like out there. The dude is a monster. I don’t know how anyone is going to stop him any time soon.

“He doesn’t seem to get tired. All he needs to do is hit you one time. He’s fast, he’s athletic, and he’s strong as hell. He’s everything you need all in one body.”

In the K-1 tournament, Overeem fought a kickboxer that showed some definite ferocity in Gohkan Saki. Barry says he never misses a K-1 fight on TV, and he witnessed Saki’s performance in the tournament. He believes the Saki-Ghita tournament fight was one of the best kickboxing matches he has seen in the last decade. Unfortunately for Saki, he lost to Overeem in the second round of the bracket, breaking his arm in the process.

Since the loss, Saki has gone on Twitter and talked about his plan to transition to MMA. Specifically, the Turkish kickboxer made note that he plans on talking to Strikeforce sometime this year in an effort to fight for the San Jose, Calif.-based promotion in the summer.

Barry, who is clearly adamant about fighters finding success in a transition between sports, talked about Saki and feels he’ll do well, but he had some reservation in saying so. He believes Saki will have to get out of his kickboxing frame of mind.

“As long as he doesn’t rely solely on his kickboxing ability,” Barry commented on Saki’s potential in MMA. “The reason I say that is because I was out there in Amsterdam. I know what the Dutch are like and they believe that their kickboxing is the greatest in the world. And it is. It’s up there in the top best of all time, but I see them also transition into MMA and they get in there and still strike the way they would in a kickboxing match.”

http://is.gd/kuGLY   http://mmaweekly.com/pat-barry-talks-fighter-transition-between-k-1-and-mma-feels-alistair-overeem-is-unstoppable

Spartak

• Gost
« Odgovor #48 poslato: Januar 11, 2011, 01:05:24 pre podne »
E to kad je reko Pat Barry onda to stvarno trebamo da prihvatimo bezrezervno :)

Van mreže gonzo

• Middleweight Member
« Odgovor #49 poslato: Januar 11, 2011, 02:34:48 pre podne »
ma ceo intervju je da bi se beri hvalio kako je bio u amsterdamu :D

Van mreže judge_wolf

• Lightweight Member
« Odgovor #50 poslato: Januar 11, 2011, 09:34:41 pre podne »
ma ceo intervju je da bi se beri hvalio kako je bio u amsterdamu :D

:D
saki u Strikeforce-u, moze...
http://www.youtube.com/user/sephirothfemto

"I just want to be known as the best ever, is that too much to ask?" - bj penn

Spartak

• Gost
« Odgovor #51 poslato: Januar 11, 2011, 01:09:18 posle podne »
Mislim da ni jedan k1 borac nece dostici mma nivo kao Mirko, tacnije tranziciju.

deadgame

• Gost
« Odgovor #52 poslato: Januar 11, 2011, 07:39:43 posle podne »
Overoid nije K-1 borac-naravno mislis na Sakija ,valjda.....no bice rata i povreda fraktura lobanja ko zna Alistair ispade najpametniji sa njegovim 'supsima',mnogo je opasan i preiskusan,tako da me ne bi cudilo da Werdum zavrsi u stojecoj giljotini ili neki uberknee,ko zna to sto je pre 4god dobio na kimuru moze okaci macku o rep,ovo je sasvim druga zver,ai vezbao je dosta stand-up sa rafaelom kordeirom ili kako god,pa se zavoza
daproba sa monstrumom stojku,ali sta god proba mala je sansa da ostane citav,ne samo on,vec cela populacija HW na planeti ima nocne more od
ove zivotinje

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GbkczlsG7E
« Poslednja izmena: Januar 11, 2011, 07:48:18 posle podne deadgame »

Spartak

• Gost
« Odgovor #53 poslato: Januar 11, 2011, 08:40:51 posle podne »
Hahahah, da dvostruki adcc apsolutni sampion ce da upadne u stojecu giljotinu :) Reem ima dobru gilju, ali ipak to nije taj nivo.Werdum nije Belfort :)
Reem nikad nije ni bio K1 borac osim u zadnjih nekoliko godina sto se takmicio.On je imao kikboks i myai thai podlogu ali se direktno presaltao na mma .

deadgame

• Gost
« Odgovor #54 poslato: Januar 11, 2011, 09:21:04 posle podne »
the last emperor da upadne u triangle choke nemoguce,jos ce ovde Uberem ispasti underdog;D axaxaxxa
to je samo jedna od opcija,Werdum ce biti brutalno pregazen

deadgame

• Gost
« Odgovor #55 poslato: Januar 12, 2011, 02:56:47 posle podne »
Fabricio Werdum: In the finals I will fight Josh Barnett

http://mixfight.ru/news/2011/1/12/Fabricio/

Talking to Ariel Helvani in "MMA Hour" Fabricio Werdum said that in his life only a few days that meant to him more than others. On one of this days his daughter was born. What happened on the other day?

On 26 Juny 2010 Fabricio Werdum caught in a submission the legend Fedor Emelianenko presenting him his first real loss.
From this day Werdum admitted to Helvani to have watched this fight over 500 times seeing every time new details. Since the triangle happend in the beginning of the fight and it was Fedor Emelianenko who was caught, Werdum plans to do the same to Alistair Overeem in Strikeforce and he doesn't care if the hollander knows it or not.

"No problems. I'm sure," - said Werdum who submitted Overeem via kimura in Pride Open Weight Grand Prix 2006. "Last time i got his left arm now it will be his right one."

The good news for Werdum is that for the first time in 2 years when he enters the cage with Overeem he won't feel pain in the arm thanks to the operation on the elbow. It took him out for few month after the biggest win in his career but Werdum thinks that the operation was worth this time.

"I told to myself the whole time that after the next fight i probably will do the operation but the time after this fight was most appropriate for the operation because it was a special fight."

What was so special? Fedor himself was special who Werdum admires.

"This victory - was a special victory because Fedor is special, a tough guy" - said Werdum. "I like Fedor. I like him because he doesn't talk too much before the fight and respects the fighters. I like Fedor."

Of course Werdum could not but mention Fedor's tremendous self-control in the cage. He described a moment in the beginning of the fight when he being in the guard gave Fedor as he thought a hard punch but that didn't changed his facial expression. Even when Brett Rogers broke his nose Fedor's face didn't changed as he noticed.

"Fedor's face doesn't express anything" - said Werdum. "Everybody got their emotions on their faces but his face doesn't express anything. Nothing...It's just ice-cold. A face like ice."

That's why when Werdum got the triangle he couldn't believe that it worked against somebody who is widely recognized as the best heavyweight in the world: "I know I do it" - remembers the triangle Werdum - "but that is Fedor!"

It appears that even Fedor couldn't escape Werdum's submission that night. The Russian was forced to tap and then the celebration for Werdum started. He celebrated like never before.

"I can't even look at Tequila now" - jocks Werdum. Hinting at what happened after the party. "I hate Tequila now."

Today half a year later Werdum says that he is eager to return to the cage and fight Overeem which he thinks will be in April.

Of course he already thinks about which opponent he will meet in the finals. Whom does he intend to meet in the finals? "Barnett" - answered Werdum. "The Babyfaced Assassin" is the main of the two possible opponents (also Brett Rogers) who will be in the finals from his point of view.

On Monday in the second half of the day they both met in the AOL studio and shaked hands. "Which expression did the former UFC champion left?" - asked Helvani

"A little bit perky" - answered Werdum.

Van mreže gonzo

• Middleweight Member
« Odgovor #56 poslato: Januar 13, 2011, 08:07:54 posle podne »
ne znam koj je decku kurac, ali nikad pre nije bilo toliko trash talka u njegovim nastupima.
izgleda da se malo uzentao overoida.

Spartak

• Gost
« Odgovor #57 poslato: Januar 13, 2011, 08:59:04 posle podne »
ne znam koj je decku kurac, ali nikad pre nije bilo toliko trash talka u njegovim nastupima.

Dje ti odje vidis trash talk ?

deadgame

• Gost
« Odgovor #58 poslato: Januar 14, 2011, 03:17:32 posle podne »
Fedor said, he'd be willing to train with Carwin - Carwin mi

novi momenti

deadgame

• Gost
« Odgovor #59 poslato: Januar 14, 2011, 03:25:45 posle podne »

Dje ti odje vidis trash talk ?

Dobro mozda je gonzo hteo drugo nesto da kaze,ali Werdum se proserava bezveze i ko zna u kom je fazonu ali ce ga Remm vratiti u stvarnost kad ga baci u komu,on je vec izgubio i potcenio sve borce,boji se jednostavno,i ne vidim nacin da on obori Alistera,mislim da ce ga brutalno pregaziti kao i ostale... :P